BE Totally Engaged. BE Collaborative. BE Ambitious. Be all that and more at Colliers Project Leaders.
As Colliers Project Leaders continues to attract exciting new programs of infrastructure work, we seek a Project Manager, Transportation with expertise leading the planning, design and construction of municipal roads and bridge projects.
The value you would bring this role is a wealth of experience leading roads and bridge projects (new, widening, and expansions) of varying scope and complexity for municipal clients. The ideal hire demonstrates a minimum of 8-10 years of experience leading the above types of projects and is a P.Eng. PMP designation is an asset.
Who We Are:
At Colliers Project Leaders we lead building and infrastructure projects. Our Get it Right Solution™ ensures we get it ready, get it built and get it performing -- so investors, owners and occupants are certain of success.
With over 600 employees throughout Canada and the Middle East, Colliers Project Leaders offer a multi-cultural, multi-generational work environment where we cultivate excellence, develop leaders and deliver on client vision. Colliers Project Leaders is part of Colliers International Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CIGI; TSX: CIG), a global leader in commercial real estate services with more than 16,000 professionals operating from 502 offices in 67 countries.
What you'll get to do as a Project Manager:
• Provide leadership to municipal client projects, representing their best interests and achieving their strategic end goals.
• Be a trusted advisor to the client, applying your deep understanding of planning, design, construction and operation of a variety of municipal infrastructure assets (roads, bridges and facilities).
• Take ownership of the set-up, initiation, execution, monitoring and reporting of their projects
• Organize project teams towards a common goal and establish levels of authority and lines of communication.
• Report on project status by means of progress reports, meeting minutes, and other reports.
• Chair project and site meetings, identify and resolve project issues and coordinate multiple stakeholders.
• Apply your leadership and communication skills to bring together stakeholders and project teams.
• Peer review the work of, mentor and develop assistant project managers and support staff.
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
• A degree in Civil Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
• Professional Engineer designation (P. Eng) or equivalent. PMP designation is a definite asset and will be mandatory within one year of hire.
• Minimum 8 years of consulting or public sector engineering experience delivering civil projects for local and regional municipalities and Provincial Ministries.
• Previous leadership of capital and municipal planning for linear infrastructure development
• Solid understanding of the environmental assessment processes and regulations, combined with experience liaising with regulatory officials.
• Extensive client facing experience in the delivery of related projects.
• Led and/or significantly contributed to the preparation of RFP/Q’s, tenders and tender awards.
• Practical understanding of infrastructure planning and design legislation and processes.
• The leadership skills needed to influence decisions and resolve client and project issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of scheduling (MS Project).
• Willingness and means to travel to client projects. Possession of a valid driver's license.