Continuous, effective business development is the key to the sustainable growth and expansion of Colliers Project Leaders. To ensure sales targets are met and exceeded, on a daily basis, the Business Development Manager organizes, motivates and leads the National Healthcare and Medical Equipment, Furniture & Fixtures business development effort. To accomplish this, the Business Development Manager works in cooperation with the various Vice Presidents, Principals, Client Relationship Managers, Directors, fellow Business Development Managers and designated Senior Project Managers, who may be ‘Champions’ for the Healthcare growth agenda.
The Business Development Manager is a key member of our overall Healthcare team, as well as our National Business Development and Marketing Teams. The Employee leads the production and implementation of the annual business development plan and the attainment of the annual sales targets for our National Healthcare and Medical Equipment, Furniture & Fixtures practices. The Business Development Manager is responsible for generating and responding to leads, keeping the sales funnel full and providing business development and sales coaching for the National Healthcare team, as required.
• University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and industry experience
• Preferably has been a Business Development Manager in the Healthcare project management, design and construction or real estate industry and ideally the project management consulting industry for a minimum of 5 years. Medical Equipment, Furniture & Fixtures sales experience is also preferred.
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in a progressive Business Development role
• Has assisted with the development and has executed tactical sales plans including regularly exceeding quotas and account objectives
• Possesses influential contacts and maintains an effective relevant network across the country.
• Ability to follow policies and processes, yet remain flexible, entrepreneurial and highly client focused
• Superior proposal writing skills are an asset
• Involved in national industry and trade associations
• Computer literate (including use of CRM systems, Excel, Word, Power Point)
• Strong leadership qualities and ability to effectively influence and persuade management, colleagues, and clients and prospective clients
• Superior business development capability – prospector, networker, door opener, gets meetings, qualifier, relationship builder and closer
• The ability to project a positive outlook and demonstrate an energetic, passionate disposition.
• A commitment to providing intrinsic and extrinsic value in each client interaction
• The ability to work collaboratively with peers, subordinates and superiors.
• Demonstrated negotiating, written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on listening skills
• The ability to lead a team in the development and delivery of winning proposals; must demonstrate exceptional organizational skills
The employee shall be responsible to:
• Instituting a disciplined Business Development process within the sector, primarily focused on prospective clients
• Initiating and nurturing prospective client relationships to seek out and secure specific opportunities where our experience and expertise can be leveraged
• Supporting marketing and sales efforts with existing clients, including exploring opportunities to sell new and expanded service offerings, as appropriate
• Motivating and monitoring the various business unit teams across the country and their performance with respect to healthcare business development and sales activity.
• Assisting in setting annual and monthly sector sales objectives and targets for the business units along with the Vice President, Client Relationship Managers and Business Development Managers
• Participating proactively in business unit and national business development, marketing and sales meetings
• Developing and maintaining as required, detailed knowledge of the full spectrum of Colliers products and services.
• Keeping abreast of what competitors are doing and offering in this sector
• Leveraging our CRM software through regular and consistent use of the software
• Providing input to the Marketing team on targeted clients and marketing strategies
• Assessing networking and trade show opportunities from a business development perspective and assume a leadership role working within the various business units to plan, participate in, actively follow up on leads, and report back to senior management on the return on these investments
• Where applicable, acting as proposal lead from receipt of RFP to submission of the finished product to the client. Also provides input on all and/or leading certain applicable, major business unit proposal submissions
• The Business Development Manager divides their time between client meetings and networking events and the office. Travel is generally limited to the immediate geographic area, but may include trips to other cities and sites across the country. The Business Development Manager is expected to attend industry and networking events that occur first thing in the morning and into the evening hours.
• May sit for a long period of time.
• May keyboard for long periods of time.
Quality Assurance Responsibilities:
• The employee is responsible to ensure they comply with the Company ISO registered Quality
Management System and in particular, QAP 3.